Half-Term School Closure
15th October 2020
The Executive has announced that schools and other education settings will have the half-term holiday break extended from 19 to 30 October 2020. To prepare for this period of school closure we will provide the children with blended learning, which will include:
- A folder with literacy and numeracy activities;
- Reading books;
- On-line learning;
- A timetable to organise learning at home for the week.
The pack will contain work for two weeks. We would ask you to take part in:
- Home learning for one week only: Monday 19 October – Friday 23 October.
- The children were due a week’s holiday from Monday 26 – Friday 30 October for Hallowe’en. We believe the children deserve this break; they started school earlier than normal this year and they are ready for a holiday.
- An extra week’s work has been included. This is a precaution, to help us plan for the future, should the Executive extend the school closure period.
The folders will be distributed on Friday 16 October and will not be returned to school. However, reading books should be returned to school when it reopens and will be quarantined before they can be reused.
This is of course Hallowe’en and we were due to have our dressing up day, which will not now take place. However we would encourage the children to dress up on the day we had planned to have Hallowe’en activities – Friday 23 October and you can send in photos of your children in their costumes to Seesaw, Google Classroom and by email to email@example.com on this date. Keeping the pupils in good spirits at this time is important. We have a Scary Scarecrow Competition which would be good fun to take part in during the school closure and the residents’ association has also kindly donated a pumpkin to each family for a design a pumpkin competition (distributed Friday 16 October). Sharing photos from both competitions would also help the children keep in contact with each other, which is very important
School is due to reopen on Monday 2 November 2020. We will keep you informed of updates from the Executive.
Our very best wishes to you and your family.